The Pinewood Derby is one of the highlights of the scouting year. Everyone gets excited about entering a car in the Pinewood Derby. The event is a great opportunity for scout and parent to spend time together on a fun project.
Pinewood is funded solely by fall popcorn sales.
If this is your first time, you might feel a little lost but do not worry. You will find a source of help in our Scout leaders and from adults with previous derby experience.
Important Pinewood Derby Events (specific dates to come)
- Car kits were provided to Scouts at December pack meeting. New Scout will receive them once pack dues are paid.
- Workshop at Home Depot – Date TBD – Bring your car to have it cut and sanded by volunteers.
- Test N Tune – Tuesday March 7,2023: The track will be set up so cars can be tested.
- Impound Night Tuesday March 14, 2023: Cars are measured, weighed, named and impounded.
- Race Day! Saturday March 18, 2023 (This is a date change from originally being March 25th. There was a schedule conflict with Fellowship Hall that required the Pack to shift it 1 week earlier.)
Trophies and Design Awards
Trophies will be awarded to the first, second and third-place speed finishers in each rank and over-all for the Pack.
Design Awards are typically given for the following but may change from year to year.
∗ Best of Show
∗ Best Automobile
∗ Best Truck
∗ Blue & Gold
∗ Most Creative
∗ Most Patriotic
∗ Scouter Award