If you’re interested in joining and want to know more, please fill out this form and a Leader will reach out to you.
You can also Email Fort Mill Pack 108 to express interest in joining.
If your ready to Join Pack 108 Follow these steps.
1.) Start here by filling out: Applicant Type – My Scouting
2.) Turn in registration fee, payable to Pack 108 via a check or the Pay Pal Portal. Due to new regulations issued by BSA for 2023, after AUG 1st, dues for new members will no longer be prorated. New Members, like current members, will pay the full yearly dues regardless of the time of year you join and this will cover 12 months of membership from the time you join. Pack dues for 2023 are $190.00 for new members.
3.) Turn in a Family Talent Survey. This form helps both you and the pack leadership get a feeling for how you want to participate in the pack. Email it to address above or bring to the first meeting.
4.) Get a uniform (hat, shirt, neckerchief, slide, and belt) and Scout Handbook for your scout. These can be purchased at the Palmetto Scout Shop which does NOT charge sales tax for any orders. Since the Shop is in Spartanburg, if you place an online order it will be delivered to the Cub Master that same week for free. Pack 108 will then get the items to you at the next Den/Pack meeting. Proceeds from the Palmetto Scout Shop stay in our Council and help fund Scouting events!
To place an order:
1. Order on their website and have your order shipped or delivered.
2. Call our office (864-585-4391).
3. Email (pa[email protected]) us your Scoutbook Purchase Order.
4. Order your uniform bundle online and have your order shipped or delivered.
5. Submit a JOT form online.
6. 420 South Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29306
– Pack 108 keeps a supply for gently used uniforms with a majority of the patches already sewn on. The uniforms change color when the Scouts progress from Bear to Webelo so please reach out to us if you are interested in a uniform. They are no cost.
5.) Take Youth Protection Training and turn in your training certificate.
– This online training only takes 45 minutes and ensures the safety of our scouts and all family members. Simply create an account at My.Scouting.org and follow the prompts for Youth Protection.
6.) Turn in the annual Health and Medical forms (parts A & B)
– One is needed for your Scout
– One is needed for any person (adults & siblings) who attend Scouting activities
Dues Pay for:
Pack Class B T-Shirt
The cost of being a Scout (awards, pins, loops, etc.)
Scout dues to BSA (Insurance, Charter, Admin, Staff)
Leader dues to BSA (Insurance, Charter, Admin, Staff)
Pinewood Derby Event and Cars
Select Campout Sites
Gold Rush Campout (Scout + one adult)
Den Requirement costs
Blue and Gold Banquet
Scouts and families have the opportunity through fundraising to pay for part or all of the dues.
Check out our Recruitment Brochure for More information
Financial aid is available to families who cannot afford to pay the registration fees. Any child who wants to participate in Scouting will not be turned away merely for financial reasons. Please contact the Pack Committee Chair or Cubmaster if you are interested in a scholarship.